Case study: Better Open Access discovery and access using article level intelligence
The number of Open Access articles available in hybrid journals is increasing. Yet limitations of link-resolvers makes discovering and linking to this content difficult. This presentation, focusing on the experience NHS England libraries, will discuss how article level-intelligence helps libraries expand collections, improve discovery, and enable better access to Open Access articles in hybrid journals and more.
- John Seguin, president and co-founder, Third Iron
- Alan Fricker, knowledge and library hub manager, directorate of innovation, transformation and digital, Health Education England
Case study: Benefits of a flexible identity tool within the library ecosystem
Library goals remain, while user needs evolve. Can libraries maintain flexibility and security, with a smooth user experience without creating more work for over-stretched librarians?
This conversational session will examine how Cairn University’s seamless ecosystem revolves around identity management to support users no matter where they start their research journey.
- William Elwell, authentication specialist, EBSCO
- Stephanie Kaceli, dean, educational resources and director of Masland Library, Cairn University, United States
Back to basics: What is federated single sign-on?
Heard about federated single sign-on but not sure what it is, how it works or what the benefits are? In this Back to basics webinar we’ll explain in a simple, easy to follow presentation.
Speaker: Christos Skoutas, business development manager, OpenAthens
Best publisher UX award finalists
Learn more about publisher UX innovations at our finalists webinar where our three finalists: Oxford University Press, SAGE Publishing and Yale University Press share the work they do around user experience. Last year’s winner De Gruyter also gave a short update on their UX work since winning the award in 2022.
- Fabian Riek, Senior manager UX design, De Gruyter
- Anja Mohorko, UX researcher and senior research analyst and Matthew Beesley, head of user experience design, Oxford University Press
- Alan Maloney, head of user experience, SAGE Publishing
- Sara Sapire, new business and product development director, Yale University Press