During the meeting we will discuss:
- The institution’s needs and expectations
- The end users’ needs and expectations
- Questions and concerns about the move across to OpenAthens’ system
- Who will be responsible for what during the setup and ongoing management of the system
- Each stage of the process, what preparation is needed and how long it will take.
This is a chance for OpenAthens to meet your team and understand exactly what type of set up will best suit your needs
Click & drag
Make sure to invite:
- Onboarding project lead
- Head of library services, library dean or director
- E-resources manager
- Library technical support, library systems or library IT
- Institutional IT manager – the person in your organization responsible for identity management.
Be prepared to discuss:
- Your current authentication systems and workflows
- Unique library sites or branches and their different authentication needs
- User groups and guest users (alumni, visitors, etc.) management
- Data elements for which you would like to collect access statistics (department, major, etc.)
- Integration with your local library management and discovery systems
- Aggregating and submitting a comprehensive list of all e-resources
- Other apps and tools with connections to library resources – learning management systems, reading lists, etc.